A New England based fire arms company chose Weldon Solutions for a dual spindle ID grinder application. Up to three (3) IDs are ground per cycle using vitrified CBN abrasives. Although arranged for manual loading, the machine has been built “automation ready” with plans for future addition of a robotic tending system and dual pallet station.
• MicroCentric pneumatic sliding jaw chuck
• Weldon heavy-duty worked
• GMN 90,000 RPM high frequency grinding spindles
• Heidenhain rotary and linear glass scales
• Monlan PFA-80 coolant filtration system
• Airflow MP4 media type mist collector
• Fanuc 0i TD CNC control
Weldon Solutions offers a full line of CNC OD, ID, and combination grinders. As a Fanuc Robotics integrator Weldon can also address your machine tending, material removal, material handling, and packaging/palletizing needs.
Download the PDF of this Case Study